- A course can be booked : (a) By using ONLINE links provided, (b)
going online to www.sdc.ieor (c) by phoning the club +353 1 8393135 using Credit /Debit Card (Note – the Club may not be manned during Covid restrictions)
- Applicant must be at least 10 years old, or 9 years old and have successfully completed the SDC Taste of Sailing Opi Course and be a current member of Sutton Dinghy Club. (Except Adventure Course)
- All applicants shall have the following swimming abilities a) 25 metres swim & b) 2 minutes treading water & c) 10 seconds under water
- This may be tested and will be carried out in normal sailing clothes but without a life jacket.
- Applicants are recommended to provide their own boat or to arrange a place on a boat.
- For those who do not have boats or a place in a boat the Club recommends that the sailor avail of a place on our Open Courses .
- It is the responsibility of the boat owner/user to ensure that the boat has adequate insurance i.e. fully insured against third party and public liability claims.
- Parents or adult family representatives are expected to assist in aspects of the shore-based activities of the course i.e. catering, tuck shop, slipway duty etc.
- In the event of injury, parents of all trainees must accept that emergency treatment may be administered without possibility of prior consultation.
- Parents/guardians of course participants give consent for photographic images to be used in information and publicity materials, and on the Sutton Dinghy Club and related websites.
- Consent and waiver section of booking forms must be completed by parent/guardian.
- All applicants must meet Course Prerequisites and Booking Conditions.
- The Club reserves the right to amalgamate or cancel courses if an insufficient number of booking have been received or in the event of non-availability of qualified instructors.
- Applicants undertake to comply with Sutton Dinghy Club’s Code of Conduct. Available to view on the Policies & Procedures page
- Please read the Additional Covid-19 Related Booking Conditions which are located HERE.