In relation to the Covid-19 outbreak the General Committee wishes to inform all Members that Sutton Dinghy Club will follow strictly the measures put in place by the Government until 29th March, and all the advice provided by the HSE and Irish Sailing.
This is a matter of paramount importance to us as a Club, with members, employees and visitors safety being our top priority.
Members with colds or any symptoms of Covid-19 are requested not to visit the clubhouse.
Any Club member who has been out of the country and has visited an infected area within the past two weeks is requested not to come to the club for the next fourteen days.
We understand that it takes normally 5 days from infection to symptoms although a small few have taken 14 days. It is therefore important that everyone practices good hygiene and use correct hand washing techniques:
- Wash both sides of your hands thoroughly and regularly for 20 seconds with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues into a bin and then wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand rub
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Surfaces should be regularly cleaned
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well
Typical symptoms of the virus are a fever, dry cough, fatigue and muscle aches. This may lead on to pneumonia.
It is important that we all work together, follow the advice of experts, in controlling the spread of Covid-19 infection.
In the meantime those wishing to renew memberships and or make sailing course bookings can easily do this on line at www.sdc.ie or by phoning the club office at 01 8393135.
We are already receiving course booking and suggest that in order to avoid disappointment it would be good practice to book courses now or in the near future. In the event that the situation is not resolved by the summer and courses are cancelled, any sailing course fees will be refunded less any transaction charge as levied by our fee processing partners.